RealAtom is a Virginia based company which plans to disrupt Commercial Real Estate (CRE) industry. The team consists of Yulia Yaani (CEO) and Masha Sharma ; both serial entrepreneurs.RealAtom can help facilitate deals ranging in value from $100,000 to more than $100 million.
For real estate, the blockchain has the potential to change the way we do business. Smart contracts, which will enable real estate contracts, escrows, property records (deeds, for example) to be completed and monies distributed without title companies or attorneys. These contracts are often compared to a vending machine concept: You deposit your money, and the machine spits out a product with no human intervention.
Blockchain is also going to revolutionize the way we raise capital for real estate projects. Thats the segment RealAtom plans to disrupt.
Commercial Real Estate (CRE) is a capital intensive industry. And has limited avenues of raising capital. Platforms for raising capital are limited which leads to restricted capital investments in CRE industry or only well connected companies have access to capital. There is definitely scope to disrupt this industry through power of an online marketplace and blockchain based trust.
RealAtom initially started as online marketplace for commercial real estate loans. The marketplaces helps get access to the largest network of commercial real estate lenders in the nation. Not only that RealAtom provides tools for better management of loans.
RealAtom plans to expand into blockchain based commercial real estate fund raising. RealAtom plans to bring speed and transparency into CRE world, by use of blockchain. Also help facilitate fund raising through crypto-currencies. Using smart contracts will significantly reduce paper trail and bring full visibility to the real estate world. RealAtom also plans to speed up chain of custody of the property by storing it in public ledger.
- Real estate is one of the leading sector to be disrupted by the use of blockchain.
- Tools for management of loans is a big plus.
- Many intermediary bodies involved in CRE fund raising and management would be reduced.
- Smart contract and Blockchain based chain of custody is the future of Real estate registry.
- Blockchain and crypto-currency can open up new avenues of fund raising for CRE.
- Blockchain will significantly speed up the process of fund raising and data validation through smart contracts.
- RealAtom blockchain based solution is still in works. RealAtom needs to present detailed white-paper on the implementation details.
- There are existing players with open sourced solutions like Elea and FeeSimple functioning in other parts of the world.
- Cryptocurrency or Blockchain in real estate needs market validation and is still at at a very early stage. Might have a longer sales learning curve for the existing investors.
- Volatility of the underlying crypto-currency is a major barrier to investment currently.
- RealAtom needs to add legality and government institutional validity of a blockchain smart contracts. Especially in relationship to chain of custody.